once upon a time, I decided it was time to make Good Habits™, because I am 22 and if I don’t start now, I’ll never actually do it.
WOOOOO just looked through my entire Tumblr feed to find this again.
so, how am I doing?
1. Drink More Water. oooops. not so much. I’ve been better at staying hydrated than I used to be, but I’m definitely not in the 64 oz-per-day range at all. Solution: start using my water bottle again. it needs another rinse-out before I feel safe doing so, but that’s easy. SO: four of those per day. that’s doable.
2. Do Physical Shit. since I moved, I’ve been slacking on this, but prior to the last two weeks I was doing very well on this. I was running at least once or twice a week and doing 20-30 minutes of yoga at least twice if not three times per week. and I was feeling great! now that my entire home office is a bed, I really need to stay on this.Solution: find some easy lunchtime workouts to supplement what I do at home, in case I can’t get to my exercise every day I’d like to.
3. Eat More Fruit. infinitely better! Jake’s mom is fantastic about making me take fruit to work every day, and it’s always available for a snack, so I’m getting in at least one piece of fruit every day.
4. Portion Control. not terrible, but not fantastic. if we eat out, I usually end up with some leftovers to take home, so I guess my stomach is controlling me in that sense…but then I end up eating it later. and I snack a lot. I could try to justify to myself that I’m doing that six small meals deal, but really that’s a lie. Solution: don’t always eat when Jake does, and try to choose healthy or “tide me over” snacks when I do feel hungry.
5. Multivamins. damn, I’ve completely neglected this one. the sad thing is that I remember them every time I’m getting ready, and then I think, “nahhh, ew, don’t want to do that,” and then I forget. Solution: take multivitamins to work with me so I have no excuse.
Overall: I’m taking a little better care of myself, but I want to be a lot further along than I am. I’ll be tackling a couple of these over the next few months, and I’ll check back in then. *salute*
it’s been about seven months since I last checked in on this! I’m kind of excited because I’ve actually made a ton of progress.
1. Drink More Water. I finally discovered the secret to getting me to drink inordinate amounts of water (i.e. close to the 64 oz that is recommended): a straw. Jake gave me his GIANT Starbucks resuable cup and I’ve loved it. for some reason, when I can set a straw in the corner of my mouth and just kind of sit there with the cup, I sip frequently and end up going through two to three (and sometimes four) of these 20-oz cups a day.
2. Do Physical Shit. YES! this has been my biggest triumph. I’ve consistently been doing yoga for 20-30 minutes at least four times per week, sometimes more, and I’m so proud of myself for improving my flexibility tenfold. I’m also, uh, doing cardio once or twice a day (wink wink), and have a modest six-pack to show for it. and I lost weight. like…a significant amount of weight. I’m toeing the line of healthy, even. which is fine, because it’s fall now, aka time to sit around and eat too much like a hibernatin’ bear!
3. Eat More Fruit. I lost my touch on this one a little, mostly because I’m lazy. last week, though, I found the ceramic knife my mom gave me for Christmas, so I think I’ll bring it to work with me and use it to cut up the amazing apples we’re about to be flooded with.
4. Portion Control. nailed it! I’m finally at the point where, except perhaps for dinner, I eat a modest portion and am more than satisfied. sometimes I still get late-night cravings, but I tend to satisfy those with something healthier, like peanut butter crackers or sliced fruit and cottage cheese.
5. Multivitamins. still not doing this one so well. those horse-sized pills are just gross. now that I’m so lightweight, though, and am eating so much less, I need to be mindful of not missing out on my vitamins.
Overall: I’m feeling SO healthy and fit right now. I do need to be mindful of my vitamin intake, but I haven’t felt this great since high school. =D
- alifeofunorganizedtime reblogged this from 50unexplainablestories and added:
- ireallylikemuffins likes this
- typesetjez reblogged this from alifeofunorganizedtime and added:
- userxs78 likes this
- alifeofunorganizedtime likes this
- ohferthelove reblogged this from typesetjez and added:
- weliveaswedie likes this
- emeraldcityorbust reblogged this from alifeofunorganizedtime and added:
- cincodenada likes this
- cincodenada said: Ha yes! I need to start doing the water thing, I don’t drink nearly enough. I just signed up at a rock climbing gym, to do the physical shit, bike to and from work, and just ordered a pull-up/sit-up bar. And I try to eat vaguely healthy things…
- alifeofunorganizedtime posted this